The R&D department continuous involvement with valve & Wellhead technology has resulted in the development of reliable analytical models, design improvements, and innovative solutions to persistent valve/actuator and Wellhead problems that have defied the industry for decades. Our expertise spans from the conceptual stage through detail design, analysis, prototype development, testing, manufacturing; troubleshooting.
Performance verification testing is routinely performed on new and existing equipment, including cold room testing at -46 ºC and high temp to 180 ºC and also doing fire-safe testing to ensure quality performance in the field..
Using our 3D printers, a CAD/CAM system and engineering softwares such as SolidWorks, Abaqus, ANSYS is utilized in engineering to aid in the creation and modification of designs.
Our in-house engineers address customer requirements with regard to alloys, welding, heat treatment, and material applications. New material is developed for specific operational conditions where severe applications are encountered.
Our products have been engineered to meet tomorrows expectations in order to achieve maximum efficiency, safety and reliability, implementing all of the latest industry requirements and regulations in our current engineering.
Our R&D Department is working daily to study technological innovation dedicated to develop our products, creating new ones and improving production processes and continual research into new technology allows us to be ideally suited to offer clients specifically and customized products as well as a standard product range.
Our continuous involvement with valve & Wellhead technology has resulted in the development of reliable analytical models, design improvements, and innovative solutions to persistent valve/actuator and Wellhead problems that have defied the industry for decades. Our expertise spans from the conceptual stage through detail design, analysis, prototype development, testing, manufacturing; troubleshooting; and root cause analysis of Valve, Actuator and Wellhead problems.
The Behsazan Jonoob can help you identify problems in your operation regarding Valves, Actuators and Wellhead and form a solution. We often are asked to calculate whether a valve is up to its task. , One way we perform this is through computational fluid dynamics.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (C.F.D.)
Understanding the fluid dynamics and thermo-control is essential to properly design products for which these phenomena play a roll of importance. The term C.F.D. covers calculations in the field of fluid dynamics, which are based on numerical methods. Often the so called finite element method is adopted. This means that volume, where the studied flow occurs, is modeled by dividing it into elements in order to determine its behavior. The flow may take place either through an enclosed envelope or within a body. Examples of results are:
Graphical display of stream lines
By means of this software, both two- and three-dimensional models can be studied.
The possibilities stretch out to:
Laminar or turbulent circulation
Supersonic, Transonic and Subsonic (compressible) flow
Stationary or non stationary flow
Heat transfer through conduction, convection, or combined
These results can be used in a finite element analysis to compute thermal stresses in combination with other mechanical loads.
R&D Capabilities and main activities:
- Valve, Actuator and Wellhead research and development.
- Using ANSYS CFX and FLUENT CFD Software to provides a comprehensive suite of computational fluid dynamics for modeling fluid flow and other related physical phenomena.
- ANSYS analysis to quantify forces and moments on equipment internals.
- New designs for demanding applications of Valve, Actuator and Wellhead.
- Qualification of designs to meet structural and performance specifications.
- Analytical models to predict performance under conditions difficult/expensive to test.
- Simufact analysis to quantify welds on equipment joints.
- Equipment design modifications.
- Equipment analysis per ASME and API code requirements.
- Failure analysis.
- Using Solidworks, Festo, Geartrax and Springsim and many more software in analysis and designing of new equipment.
- Design high tech test benches for Hydro Test, Air and Gas Test, Torque Test, Fugitive emissions Test, Leakage Test.
- Design Verification by equipment carries out structural, flow, earthquake resistance, heat delivery and solidification analyses of 3D Solidworks-designed equipment information by utilizing ANSYS Program. Therefore, we conduct optimized design by checking whether or not equipment satisfy requirements of customers and international codes and standards.
- Calculation of Noise Level for Severe Service Applications.
- 3D printing and prototyping of new products.
R&D and Engineering Examples
- Design Anchor Flange according to client technical specification and ASME.
- Generating Pneumatic and Hydraulic Actuator design technology for ESD application.
- Design Actuator Torque Test Bench.
- Design Valve Hydro Test Bench.
- Calculation of Choke Valves Noise and Cv.
- Mechanical analyses of Valve, Actuator and Wellhead by ANSYS.
- Design Automatic blowout preventer (BOP) for SRP Wellheads.
- Design ESP Wellhead.
- Design Fire Safe test system for valves.
- Design Performance Verification Test (PR2 Test) cabin to test new designated wellhead component acc. to API Spec 6A.